Monday, December 7, 2020

Information you'll never want to need

Can I just say I feel a bit overwhelmed every time I check the boxes on ALL the textbook symptoms of my illness.  It feels validating in that my seemingly "invisible" symptoms are goddamned real even if YOU (yes, you. I know what you've said behind my back) can't see them.  It also feels shitty because I can no longer pretend just "one more lifestyle change" will heal this shït illness.  I've been ill for just about 14 years (mid March 2021 will be 14 yrs since the onset) but I've learned more about it in the last 3 or 4 years,  than in the first decade after diagnosis, largely due to social media.  Im grateful I have access to this age of information, because I feel more in control of (those largely uncontrollable aspects) my life when I have all the information, good or bad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment