Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Chronic illness is... (I'm sick of sick 😫)

I'm using my Aspen Vista cervical brace today. I'm feeling waves of emotion since I put it on. 
I'm in pain, my symptoms related to my cervical instability are going batshit.
My fingers are tingling (like when you bump your funny bone) my head is pounding,  my upper back is sore,  I'm feeling off balance, nauseous and light-headed. 
I hope the symptoms balance off soon because this is awful. 
The immediate increase tells me that my neck was worse than I imagined.  I'm not expecting a miracle, I just want to be able to safely delay surgery as long as possible, and eliminate it reduce neck related symptoms. 
If this helps stabilize my symptoms, it could mean I can tolerate travel or WALKING a bit better, which might add some flexibility back into my life.  
Worse case it just helps me postpone my inevitable fusion until I feel I'm in a better place to tolerate not only the stress of surgery but the recovery, because I know at present I don't have the capacity. 
Let's see what tomorrow brings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment